Sunday, November 23, 2014

IDIOT OF THE WEEK: Eric Kohl

Eric A. Kohl
Member since July 2011

Job: Educator
Education: MS Education, SUNY Brockport
Birthdate: February 13, 1985

I've always thought of myself as a pretty funny guy, and performing improv really reiterates that fact! I came to the Village Idiots with no previous acting or comedic experience - and through great teaching and performance opportunities - I have been able to develop and enjoy my time on the improv stage. Some of my most memorable experiences have come from performing with some great people and team: Hobert Thompson and James Battagalia of "Pandas and Fake Snow," and also forming my own team with Brian Calmes, "Plan B."

What I feel is the best part of being a Village Idiot is the openness of the group. Being able to try new things on stage, encouragement from others and of course encouraging others to push themselves!

When not on stage I am an educator, I have earned my Master's degree in Education from the State University of New York College of Brockport. I enjoy coaching and playing a bunch of different sports. I tend to be a bit of a renaissance man, waking up early and spending as much time as I can outdoors. One of my favorite past times is to dress in my flannel shirt, spend the morning growing a beard and the afternoon cutting down trees with my trusty axe and my pet ox.

No comments: